Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

Three day weekends in GTMO are always a good excuse to have more fun than usual.  I ran/walked my first 5K race and I didn't come in last! Here's a picture to prove it.  My time was 43 minutes. The time on the display was for the 15K runners.

I went straight from the race to the pool for my son's Swim Meet.  He came in 2nd in the Freestyle and 1st in Breaststroke.  It was a neck-and-neck race with his buddy from school.









From there I went to a productive choir practice at the chapel and then took a much needed nap.  The day wrapped up with the first ever Ladies Night at the Windjammer Ballroom followed by a viewing of Magic Mike at the Lyceum.  Great ending to a fun day!

Sunday we went to church, volleyball practice and the movies. Monday we grilled out (of course) for our neighborhood since we had several new families move in recently. Andrew's cooking did not disappoint.  Now it's Tuesday, Sept. 4th.  My Fantasy Football team has been drafted and I'm ready for the fall season to officially begin!




No comments:

Post a Comment